Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Feature-Length Machinima Movies (NEED OPINION)


NOTE: Just because I used Machinima.com's logo doesn't mean I'm partnered with Machinima.com. I partnered with The Game Station.

For the past few years I've been making TF2, L4D, and of course Gmod videos and they were pretty basic and easy to make. Later on I started to make my videos look more cinematic and so far it still looks a little basic. Now that Source Filmmaker is out to the public, I have moved from Gmod to SFM to make better videos with animations and shit like that. So far I've been fooling around with it and I'm getting use to the tool and I find it very helpful for source machinimas than Gmod. I know a lot of you love my videos and every year I make them a bit different than the old videos I make. It's been about a few years and I think it's time for me to try something really different. I want to make an actual independent machinima movie.

I've been wanting to do this for a long time and now with Source Filmmaker out to the public I should have the chance to make one. I want to make these machinimas have their own story inside the source engine. I've been watching a lot of Tarantino films such as Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, and Inglourious Basterds and playing games like Battlefield, Rainbow Six, Half-Life, Serious Sam, etc. and they give me lots of ideas to make a machinima movie. Machinimas over an hour long would actually be an awesome thing for machinima making. I like to call these "Popcorn Machinimas." Yeah it sounds funny, but it does sound catchy for a feature-length machinima. Hell, if YouTube Poop is a odd name, but has a catch to it then this should too. So far I have not seen any machinimas on YouTube that are over an hour long (except GTAIV videos), but I found this Gmod machinima called "War of the Servers" and it does look basic, but it sort of counts as a popcorn machinima. When I saw this I thought it was good. I know it's a full version of the episodes of the machinima, but still. If you haven't seen this before, check it out its pretty good for a hour long gmod machinima. This machinima was uploaded by hollohill. Video made by Litfusefilms.


I just want to make a machinima thats worth watching and having popcorn with. It's gonna be a shit ton of work to get it going, but it will be worth it. I want to try something a little new for the machinima making community, but before I start making these popcorn machinimas I need your opinions. I want to know if you guys would like to see a feature-length machinima in the future. These machinimas will be over an hour or up to a 3 hour long machinima depending how much effort it was put into. So what do you guys think? Should I make my very first popcorn machinima for you guys to enjoy or should I just stick to normal machinima making cuz you guys think these feature-length machinimas will be too long and might bore our viewers. Post a comment here or on my YouTube channel of your opinion. If I get a bunch of positive comments I will start working on my very first popcorn machinima next year, hopefully, Source Filmmaker will be out of beta sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment