Thursday, December 12, 2013

YouTube's Copyright Disaster

I knew this was coming...we all KNEW this was coming. I wished that it would never happen and wish for me not thinking it would happen, but it has begun. I'm going to try to be serious with this topic as I can and even though this post might sound weird, but that's because I'm in fear right now with this new change. So for those of you that don't know what the fuck is going on with YouTube let me explain. I believe it was somewhere on Monday or Tuesday that the flagging has begun. They added a new Content ID system that detects MOSTLY gameplay and game footage. What's wrong with this system? I'm not gonna be accurate on this one, but EVERYTHING is broken. Let's players, game reviewers, even machinima creators have been getting half of their videos claimed by the content ID system. People make revenue off their videos and YT pretty much tells them "FUCK YOU BITCH!" and flags their videos. Some may be flagged for a reason, but mostly these claims are bull shit. It's so flawed that even the Publishers such as Ubisoft, Capcom, Deep Silver, and a few others saying that they did NOT confirm the claims. Bunch of hungry ass publishers such as EA, Microsoft, Nintendo, and even the fucking movie and music industry is taking our fucking money and so is Google/YouTube.

They are doing this to prevent pirates and some how they think we are the pirates. We worked on our shit so hard to make money and make YouTube huge and they turn around and fuck us in the asses. So far I've only gotten 2 flagged videos for copyright. Did they get taken down? Of course not. I just wont earn revenue on them and these 2 videos are pretty old and I can care less. As long as they don't go after my most viewed videos then I'm in the safe zone...for now. This whole Content ID thing is like a minefield. there are some mines on the ground that will give you a claim or one that gives you the strike. We've all been on the copyright minefield before and it was tricky, but possible to get through. Now YouTube decided to just throw a bunch of more mines to fill in the field making it nearly impossible to bypass. They did that just to be assholes. You step on the claim mine, you lose your monetization for that specific video. Step on the strike mine, you get one strike and that video gets taken down. There are more claim mines that strike mines and many YouTubers have stepped on claim mines, but they didn't do it on accident or on purpose. It was YouTube who threw the claim mine in their fucking faces. It's wrong! YouTube has made some stupid decisions in the past few years and of course we all thought the Google+ forcing thing was the worst...it ain't. This one takes the cake as one of the worst and dangerous changes in YouTube history. Just fucking punish us by taking our fucking money falsely.

Bigger YouTubers are stressing out right now because of this and I'm talking about people like Boogie2988, Angry Joe, and a bunch of other YouTubers who are suffering this situation right now. They have uploaded a rant about this change and how much it will affect their lives. It is really depressing to make, watch, and hear.

Angry Joe's Copyright Rant:


Boogie2988's Rant and "GET A JOB" video:




AlphaOmegaSin's Rant:

It really is painful to watch and I feel depressed when they talk about this and how YouTube is fucking us over HARD. These people have words about this change and it is hurting them. Even for channels who have joined the partnership from Machinima.com, Makers/Polaris, Curse, Fullscreen are going to be hurt too.

I've been with Makers/Polaris for about a year and these people are gonna do their best to help me and all channels who joined them fix this situation as much as they can. We are all in deep shit right now and it's really scaring us. YouTube is ruining our lives with this new system. People have made a living off YouTube and made lots of money from YouTube to improve their content. We made YouTube big and YouTube got so big they want to kill us off so they can take our money from all the work we put into. We all don't deserve this. Let me tell you all that I may not be that famous on YouTube even when getting very close to 30,000 subscribers and I may not be making as much as these guys above this, but YouTube right now is the only job I have right now. It's not easy to find a real job here in San Jose Cali and I was working until I got laid off 2 months after being hired. I've been busting my ass off trying to find a job to make more money than my YouTube money and so far I haven't found anything since then. I've been getting depressed about this shit and its mainly the reason why I haven't posted anything in like a year. So far YouTube is the only job that can cover my phone bill and insurance. I'm paying $130 a month and right now my bank account is getting very low. I won't have enough to pay for my phone, my insurance, gas, and a whole lot of things if YouTube is going to cut my ass off like that. I make about between $150 - $200 a month from YouTube now and it's enough to cover my payments. I'm in deep shit right now...we all are in deep shit.

YouTube/Google, I've been on your site for 7 fucking years and I've seen some stupid shit you've been doing over the past few years, but this is just absolutely incredible. We make your site popular, you earn money from all of us, we created a great community from your site, and this is how you treat us now? You think that we are all criminals? THE FUCKING MPAA AND RIAA ARE THE REAL FUCKING CRIMINALS! THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ARE MAKING OUR LIVES MISERABLE! Pirates are criminals too you know. You should be going after them, don't just come to us and punch us in the face thinking that we are the criminals here. We worked our asses off so hard to make great content and earn money off of our effort and you just take our money from us. Shame on you YouTube/Google...shame on you. You guys are terrible people! Your copyright system is unstable as fuck. You break something and you break it some more and completely take our fucking money for it. You forced Google+ in our faces when we didn't want it in the first place. You've ignored our concerns and our suggestions and just say "FUCK YOU GUYS WE AIN'T CARING WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE GONNA ADD IT IN ANYWAYS DEAL WITH IT BITCHES! I swear to god YouTube I swear to FUCKING god if you claim any of my videos again even when I recently post a video there will be a fucking problem...there will be fucking blood. You think I'm just joking well GUESS WHAT I AIN'T BITCH! This community will fix your fucking bull shit and if you don't like it too fucking bad. We've had enough of your assholery YouTube it's time to stop. If this shit doesn't get fixed I will take my shit else where. Hell, if I had the money to make a new website where content creators can post their videos without any flawed copyright bull shit it would make things a lot better. I know our copyright system would be a lot more fucking stable than your piece of shit content ID machine. The person who is running the company is a heartless, money hungry, greedy asshole and that person needs to be fired. You don't fix this bull shit people will leave the site and your site will rot.

I apologize for my shit writing right now I'm just really fucking pissed off this is all happening to us YouTubers. If you are one of the people who have suffered these copyright claims on your videos I am very sorry. I truly am sorry. I would suggest you get some help to get your videos unclaimed and I wish you guys the best of luck. I really do hope our multi-channel networks and the community will fix this once and for all.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Tutorial, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information .

    ReplyDelete