Monday, August 25, 2014

Robin Williams & Depression


I know it's been about 2 weeks since the passing of Robin Williams and I want to apologize for not writing about this on time, but it's not too late to share my thoughts and feelings about Robin and how depression is a terrible disease. I don't really like to write anything emotional, but I'm going to do my best to share out my words about how he inspired me to become a comedic machinima creator and how he's brighten up our world. If there is any errors I make you can let me know as I am trying to keep myself together typing this out.

I grew up in the 90s to the early 2000s watching lots of Robin Williams' films. The first film I saw he was in was the Disney animated film "Aladdin." Him being a comedic genie was a perfect match for him and he has cracked me up with all his acts in the film. I've also seen films like "Good Morning Vietnam", "Dead Poets Society", "Popeye", and other films that had him in it. The best film he ever did in my own opinion would have to be "Mrs. Doubtfire" and it's not just because it was funny as hell, but it also shows his character how much of a loving and caring father he is just like himself. When you see him in films you also see him doing stand up and watching Robin perform stand up is damn hilarious. His stand up comedy inspired me to become who I am now as a comedic machinima creator and just a funny person in general. I know all the time when I'm at school and it is a shit day at school the only thing that can brighten up my day is to entertain other students and teachers in class. His humor gives me great ideas for silly video content and has made me more confident in myself.

The day I heard his passing really shocked the living hell outta me and I was in pain. I was in pain for the past 2 weeks, though, I held in the sadness and kept myself going. It wasn't easy holding in the pain and tears as I keep thinking of his unexpected passing. It was just out of nowhere and too soon. I realized that the depression he's been through has spread around others including myself, however, I don't get depressed that easy. Sure I have some minor depressions that come out of nowhere, but little bit of music helps me out a lot. A man who has made our world brighter had depression that made our world darker now. Depression just doesn't give a fuck about who you are and what you do. I know some friends who've been through depression a lot and I was lucky enough to be there for them and help them out. If we all knew Robin was suffering severe depression I'm sure his close friends and family would have been there for him. As he entertain his fans I'm sure his fans as well would give him lots and lots of support if anything was wrong. I just wish we'd knew before he took his own life.

Depression is just a terrible disease to have and to anyone who has been through depression don't give up. There is still hope for you. If you or a friend is going through depression, please get help. Suicide is not the answer and will never be a solution to escape depression. The world will never be the same without Robin, but that doesn't mean we should all grieve to him all the time. We should remember him for what he has done for us and what he loves to do most and that was making us laugh. In honor of him, this upcoming machinima that me and Dr. Face are currently working on will be dedicated to him. I wish I can do more for the Williams family, but my heart and wishes go out to his family.

O Captain! My Captain! You shall be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment